those extra tough or extra special jobs that need extra binding power,
there's PUR, and now it's running at up to 8,000 books per
hour at RGS. With RGS and PUR you get above standard page pull, increased
"lay flat" quality and extra binding strength for coated and
mixed stocks. PUR provides unyielding quality and strength even in extreme
and changing temperatures, and a tougher binding for handling those extra
- Output: 8,000 per hour
- Maximum book size: 12 1/2" X 15 1/4"
- Minimum book size: 3 7/8" X 4 1/8"
- Thickness: 1/8" to 2 3/4"
- 20-pocket gathering line
- Side gluing with adjustable glue widths for crisp, beautiful hinges
- Stream cover feeder for careful handling of special stocks and ink
- Guaranteed cover registration within 1/32"
- "Inside" and "outside" layback scoring
- Adjustable scoring from 1/8" to 3/8" from the spine
- State-of-the-art carousel for ample dry time prior to trimming and
- In-line 3-knife trimmer with spine knives to ensure minimal spine fracturing
- and automatic counter stacker
- Optical scanners for signature recognition
- Allow a minimum 1/8" head, tail and face trim on inside text pages.
- Allow 1/16" to 1/8" for "grind" on spine edge of inside text pages.
- On the cover, leave an extra 1/8" at the head and an extra 1/4" at
the tail of the untrimmed folded signatures. Very important!
- Cover around back to front minimum overall 8 1/2".
- Make certain grain direction of cover is parallel to the spine for
a more durable bind.
- Consult with RGS when designing your layout.
- Remember, PUR has a 24 hour curing time requirement.
For detailed information on adhesive binding please read "Understanding
the Facts About Adhesive Binding" in our newsletter, The
Call 1-800-785-5750 or Submit Your
PUR Binding | Perfect
Binding | Saddle Stitching | Mechanical
Binding | Tab Cutting
Support Services | About Rasch
Graphic Services | Request More Information
The Finishing Touch Newsletter | EMail
RGS | Home Page
8648 Glenmont Drive, Suite 100 • Houston, TX 77036
Phone: 800 / 713-785-5750 Fax: 800 / 713-785-5801